Monday, April 4, 2011

What is Happiness?

What is Happiness?

I have heard that Happiness is not a when or
a where, but a here and a now.
Many times I have heard someone say...
If only I had my home paid off... my career on
track ... a million dollars... I would be so Happy.
How do you define
Happiness?

According to the Webster Dictionary...
happy means to be fortunate or pleased.

If I look at my life as a picture postcard,
what would I
see as the focus of this card? Would I see a mansion,
a Porsche, an indoor swimming pool and servants to
wait on me hand and foot? Would I see a cook and a
gardener, a passport and my own jet so I can travel
anywhere in the universe?

Or would you see a picture of a Mother, Father, and
Children, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, and neighbors, working
together to create a peaceful and smooth running household?
Would you see yourself, reaching out to the leper,
the homeless, the hungry and receiving them into your
home and into your bed with a warm dinner, hot bath
and medicine to cure them from their illness?

What would your neighbors see when they looked at
your picture postcard? Would they see a person that
they could reach out to for help, ask for a hot dinner,
or a warm coat?

Would they see God in your eyes, hear God in your
voice and feel His's gentle touch when they hold
your hand?

I am going to take a good long look at my picture
postcard and be sure that only
God is reflected
in my picture.

~~Amber Rose

Love one another and you will be happy.
It's as simple and as difficult as that.
— Michael Leunig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...